To replace a traditional pit, for a leading transport company, in what was originally a heavily reinforced factory floor in The Midlands
A patchwork floor of irregular concrete depths, only discovered during breaking up. Several machine bases between 1.5 and 2.0 metres thick had to be removed. Also exposed a single post underground lift shaft with a reservoir full of hydraulic oil.
To work around the clock and to bring in extra heavy machinery, including two 360 degree machines and a JCB for clearing.
Project successfully completed and a customer delighted with the application and perserverance shown by the Premier Pits team.
One 18 metre long pit; 0.9 metres wide and 1.350 metres deep.
Why choose a Premier Pit?
- Structural Calculations for 20 tonne per axle in normal ground conditions, site specific when required, up to 50 tonne.
- Jacking rail 150 x 75 PFC
- Zone 2 lights – Flameproof twin tubed
- Premier Safety Lights (Epsilon 05 Atex 1426 X) (Optional)
- Armoured flex cable with zoned glands
- Lights and cables attached to galvanised unistrut with a plastic fascia
- Anti-slip steps, Elefant tread – Galvanised.
- Handrail – Hinged or fixed
- Galvanised step-up rail for aluminum step up platform to run on (Optional)
- Integral sump fitted as standard, no pump.
- Unique bond of steel to concrete – Solid. Lattice work, not sprags.
- 10 year warranty on Premier Pits installation
- First pit installed 35 years ago and still in daily use
- All pits sand blasted to SA 2 1/2
- Etch Primer 10 – 20 microns.
- Top coat – ISO free 2 pack modified epoxy 180 micro DFT.
- All staff employed directly.
Please note that not all prefabricated pits are to this standard