The Premier Hinged Cover (patent No. E2—886-747-B1) is an air operated fall restraint made of up of banks of 2.5m steel mesh panels, and operated by pneumatic cylinders connected to a central control box for an easy one person operation. The stairs of the pit are covered by an individual section which is manually lifted, and has the additional benefit of being a hand rail for ingress and egress from the pit.
Pit covers are becoming increasingly common in workshops across the UK, following health and safety guidelines, and in some countries, it is a legal requirement. Premier Pits offer a wide variety of options to cater for health and safety around the pit, however retrofitting covers, such as retractable covers, can require extensive groundworks to form storage areas for the cover, or, if this is not possible, the pit length must be reduced, meaning a loss of working space. The Premier Hinged Cover enables clients to protect their staff with minimal disruption whilst keeping the maximum working space.
- Made of up of banks of 2.5m steel mesh panels
- Operated by pneumatic cylinders connected to a central control box
- Simple key operation
- Manual stair cover can be used as a hand rail for safe access
- Versatile fall restraint that can be fitted to any
- Working space is in the pit is not lost
- No need for extensive groundworks
- Easy to use
- Protects staff from accidents in the workshop