Installing two working pits and one full MOT pit into a newly built workshop.
Extremely difficult ground conditions where 200mm of soil was covering sand which was deeper than the pits. Premier were unaware of this problem.
To use driven sheet piling – 80% of which was later reclaimed.
Installation took a little longer than was originally estimated. Using conventional pit construction methods would have resulted in many extra days on site. The delighted client now has a water tight pit, that is an asset to his operation.
A 27m working pit with 3x2m equipment recesses linked with a connecting tunnel to a 17.75m DVSA pit which had a 2m equipment recess, shaker plate sumps, a split bed brake tester and an escape tunnel with a vertical ladder.
Why choose a Premier Pit?
- Structural Calculations for 20 tonne per axle in normal ground conditions, site specific when required, up to 50 tonne.
- Jacking rail 150 x 75 PFC
- Zone 2 lights – Flameproof twin tubed
- Premier Safety Lights (Epsilon 05 Atex 1426 X) (Optional)
- Armoured flex cable with zoned glands
- Lights and cables attached to galvanised unistrut with a plastic fascia
- Anti-slip steps, Elefant tread – Galvanised.
- Handrail – Hinged or fixed
- Galvanised step-up rail for aluminum step up platform to run on (Optional)
- Integral sump fitted as standard, no pump.
- Unique bond of steel to concrete – Solid. Lattice work, not sprags.
- 10 year warranty on Premier Pits installation
- First pit installed 35 years ago and still in daily use
- All pits sand blasted to SA 2 1/2
- Etch Primer 10 – 20 microns.
- Top coat – ISO free 2 pack modified epoxy 180 micro DFT.
- All staff employed directly.
Please note that not all prefabricated pits are to this standard